St Swithun’s Church, Shobrooke

St Swithun’s is the oldest structure in the village of Shobrooke and is of Anglo-Saxon origin. The church was rebuilt in the 15th century when a north aisle was added, which was further restored in c. 1840. It was restored again in 1879 by Edward Ashworth, with the additions of a south aisle, sacristy, porch, […]

St Swithun’s is the oldest structure in the village of Shobrooke and is of Anglo-Saxon origin.

The church was rebuilt in the 15th century when a north aisle was added, which was further restored in c. 1840. It was restored again in 1879 by Edward Ashworth, with the additions of a south aisle, sacristy, porch, new roofs, window tracery, furnishings and fittings.

The building has been Grade II listed since 1965.

Shobrooke